• IMD – Real World, Real Learning, Switzerland
The company wanted a cross-device app targeting platforms including iPhone and Android. This allows them to reach further to potential new and existing customers. The new app was intended to match the functionality found on the corresponding native implementation (restricted reach, iPad only) and provides information about a range of their business offerings and social media feeds.
• Bespoke app created that provided up-to-date information about the organisation to both existing and prospective IMD members. • Available as a web-app and compatible with iPhone and Android (among other) platforms for phones and tablets. • Integrates multiple feeds from different sources and data types into one, easy to use app (mashup).
• Clean, appealing, easy-to-use interface, designed specifically for smartphone use. • Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter integration • Ability to search for a range of up-to-date information about the organisation including latest news, videos, educational debates, comments on social media, research and events. • Ability to find contact details about local organisation representatives. • IMD Program search facility allowing users option of searching for the latest IMD programs and download related brochures. • Ability to add app to home screen – exactly the same as a native app without having to use the app stores!
• Available to anyone with a smart phone or tablet – not just iPhone users! • Greater potential to increase the organisation alumni as a result of greater dissemination of information.
• Built using Sencha Touch version 1.
• Designed to be a web-app compatible with iPhone and Android but future version designed to be compatible with other major touch screen devices. • Visit m.imd.org on your smartphone or tablet and take a look for yourself!
- Development Manager